Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a cryptographic protocol required to create a secure communication channel.
An SSL certificate ensures secure communication when transferring personal data and conducting financial transactions. That is, if an SSL certificate is installed on a site, the user of such site can enter payment card details, account number and other personal data. An HTTPS connection will be displayed in the address bar of such site, and an image of a green padlock will also appear.
In this article, you will learn how to purchase and install a paid SSL certificate on your website. If you still have any questions - send a request to technical support. Our experts will always be able to help you.
Step 1. Generate the Request and Private Key
A CSR request for ordering a certificate can be generated in the control panel. On our website you can find instructions for each panel:
ATTENTION! A private key is generated with the request. You need to save it in a safe place on your local computer. The private key is used to install the SSL certificate on the site.
Step 2. Ordering a Certificate
You can choose and order the appropriate SSL certificate option here. Fill in all the fields in English and place your order.
- Common Name - domain name of the site for which the certificate is required (must match the one specified in the CSR request).
- Approver Email - the email address must be existing and located on the domain for which the certificate is ordered. Both the confirmation of issue and the certificate itself will be sent to this email.
- Web Server Type - specify Other.
- CSR (Certificate Signing Request) - in this field you need to insert the request text (how and where to get it - see Step 1).
- Admin Title - specify how to contact you
- Admin Fist Name - name
- Admin Last Name - last name
- Admin Organization - the name of the organization (Individual for an individual)
- Admin Role - Select Website Owner
- Admin Phone - your phone number in international format (as in the example)
- Admin Email - enter a valid e-mail
- Admin Address - address (street, house)
- Admin City - city in English
- Admin State - region / state / district
- Admin Post Code - postal code
- Admin Country - country
Step 3. Confirmation of the Certificate Issue (by email)
A letter with a link will be sent to the email specified in the order (if the order is correct). By clicking on this link, you will confirm issue of the certificate.
Step 4. Obtaining a Certificate and Installing on the Site
After you confirm issue of the certificate, it will be issued and sent to the specified mail. This will take time (from several hours).
Now the certificate should be installed on the site. To do this, use instructions for corresponding control panel:
If you still have questions, please create a ticket to technical support.