Creating a CSR request in DirectAdmin
1. Go to the User Level page
- select a domain,
- go to Domain Setup,
- check the Secure SSL checkbox,
- click Save.
2. Go to the User Level page, then SSL Certificates
check Create A Certificate Request.
3. Complete all fields in English:
- 2 Letter Country Code - two-digit country code in capital letters (RU, US, NL, KZ, etc.).
- State / Province - state, province or region (Moscow region).
- City - city (Moscow).
- Company - the official name of the organization (Company LTD).
- Company Division - a division of the organization (optional).
- Common Name - the domain name to which the SSL certificate will be connected.
- E-Mail - email address for communication. Please enter a valid address as it can be verified.
- Key Size (bits) - 4096.
4. Save the CSR request code (SSL CSR field) and private key (SSL Key field) to a text file on your local computer.
How to order a SSL certificate
To order a certificate, follow the link. Choose the type of certificate. Complete all fields in English.
Common Name - domain name of the site which is required the certificate (must match the one specified in the CSR request).
Approver Email - the email address must be located on the domain for which the certificate is ordered. The confirmation of issue and the certificate will be sent to this email.
Web Server Type - type of web server. In most cases, this is Apache.
CSR – paste the CSR code that you saved in step 4 of the “How to generate a CSR code” section. CSR code starts with the line ----- BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST ----- and ends with the line ----- END CERTIFICATE REQUEST ----- including these lines.
Admin Title - how to contact you.
Admin Fist Name - name.
Admin Last Name - surname.
Admin Organization – the name of the organization (Individual for an individual).
Admin Role - select Website Owner.
Admin Phone – your phone number in international format.
Admin Email - enter a valid email.
Admin Address - address (street, house).
Admin City - the name of the city in English.
Admin State - enter your region / state / district.
Admin Post Code – enter your postcode.
Admin Country – enter your country.
For some time, an email will be sent to the Approver Email to confirm the issue of the certificate. After confirming the issuance of the certificate, within 24 hours you will receive the certificate to the Approver Email.
Installing a certificate in DirectAdmin
- Go to the User Level - SSL Certificates page.
- Check Paste a pre-generated certificate and key.
- Paste in the following order:
- Private key.
You should have saved the private key in step 3 in the Create CSR Request section.
The private key starts with the line ----- BEGIN PRIVATE KEY ----- and ends with the line ----- END PRIVATE KEY -----, including these lines.
To get the certificate details, open the certificate file with a text editor.
If you have any questions, create a support ticket. Our experts will help you.
You can get Let's Encrypt certificate and renewal later. To order, contact support.