FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Is using to transfer large files. To work on this protocol, FTP clients are most often used, which have a convenient interface and allow you to resume downloading files in case of interruption or unstable connection with a remote server.
Filezilla is one of the most popular FTP managers. You can download it for free on the official website https://filezilla-project.org/.
To copy files from a server using Filezilla:
- in the left part of the program window, select the directory where you will need to upload the file,
- in the right part of the program window, select the directory on the FTP server,
- right-click on the required file,
- in the context menu, select Download. Copying will be made to the directory opened in the left window of the program.
To copy files to a server using Filezilla:
- in the right part of the program window, open the incoming folder on the FTP server,
- in the left part of the program window, select the archive that you want to upload to the server,
- right-click on the file and select Upload to server in the context menu.
- When copying a file, it is found that there is already a file with the same name in the directory, it will be replaced with a new one.
- If an interruption occurs, you can resume the file.
- The names of uploaded files can contain only letters of the Latin alphabet, numbers, symbols "." and "_".
- The file name must not start with a dot.
- Only files can be uploaded. If you need to upload a folder, zip it.
If you still have questions, please create a ticket to technical support.