Confirm Your Rights for Domain
To confirm that the domain belongs to you, you must specify the TXT record in the domain settings.
- Add a domain to your control panel
- Create an account in Google Apps
- Fill in the required fields. Specify the domain name for which gmail will be used:
- After successful registration, you can go to the admin panel and confirm the ownership of the specified domain.
After confirming, save the txt entry:
- Then go to the VestaCP control panel: DNS – LIST RECORDS.
- Click ADD DNS RECORD and add a TXT record in the window that opens. In the field, enter the value from step 4 and click Finish.
- Return to the window opened in step 4. Click Submit. In case of successful domain confirmation, you will receive a message: “Congratulations! You have successfully verified ownership of mydomain.com"
Creating an MX Record
- Click Gmail Settings.
- In the next window, click "Yes, let's do it!" to switch the domain to the Gmail mail service.
- Next, in the Gmail Apps settings window, select "Google Servers" for mail forwarding.
- Then you will receive instructions on how to make changes to the DNS records of the domain. For example, to delete a record:
mydomain.com. MX(10) mail.mydomain.com.and add 5 records:
mydomain.com. MX(1) ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
mydomain.com. MX(5) ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
mydomain.com. MX(5) ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
mydomain.com. MX(10) ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
mydomain.com. MX(10) ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
- Delete the standard MX record in the VestaCP panel:
- Add 5 MX records specified in Google instructions.
- Return to the Gmail Apps settings window. In response to the question "Have you changed your MX records yet?" answer Yes and click Next.
- Create a DKIM in the G Suite admin console (instructions from Google).
- Add TXT record in the domain settings of the control panel:
In the window that opens, paste the key value into the record field:
- Turn on message signatures (instructions from Google).
If you have any questions, please create a ticket to technical support.