Virtual Private Servers
Payment for Services
Terms of Service
Questions and Answers
FTP Users Creation in ISPmanager
This article will help you to know how in ISPmanager to create FTP users who will have access only to the directory of a specific site.
You can create additional FTP users under any control panel user (not necessarily root). A regular user can only grant FTP access within their own directory. Sometimes this is necessary from a security point of view.
You can create additional FTP users on behalf of any control panel user (not necessarily root). A regular user can only give access to FTP users within their own directory.
To create FTP user in ISPmanager, follow the steps:
- Log in to ISPmanager as root.
- In the FTP-users section, click Add FTP-users section.
- In the opened window, fill in all fields:
- Name – login of the new FTP-user.
- Owner – one of the regular users of the ISPmanager panel. Specified when creating an FTP user as root.
- Password – password for access of the created FTP-user, you can enter your own or generate using the panel.
- Confirmation – re-enter the password.
- Home directory – directory the created FTP user will have access to. A directory is specified within the owner's directory.
- Click Save.
- Default user directory: /var/www/username/data/.
Default site directory: /var/www/user-name/data/www/domain.name/.
For example, to give the newly created FTP user access only to my-site directory, specify: /www/my-site.
If you have any questions, you can ask them in the online chat in the lower right corner of the site or by ticketing the Techsupport Department.