Virtual Private Servers
Payment for Services
Terms of Service
Questions and Answers
FTP users creation
In the ISPmanager panel you can create FTP users who will have access only to the directory of a specific site.
You can create additional FTP users under any control panel user (not necessarily root). A regular user can only grant FTP access within their own directory.
1. Click New under Main - FTP Users. When logged in as root - in the Accounts - Users - FTP-users section.
2. In the window that opens, fill in all fields:
- Name - login of the new FTP-user.
- Owner - one of the regular users of the ISPmanager panel. Specified when creating an FTP user as root.
- Password - password for access of the created FTP-user, you can enter your own or generate using the panel.
- Confirmation - re-enter the password.
- Home directory - directory the created FTP user will have access to. A directory is specified within the owner's directory.
Default user directory:
Default site directory:
For example, to give the newly created FTP user access only to my-site directory, specify: /www/my-site
3. Click Ok to save your changes.
If you have any questions, please create a ticket to technical support.