Virtual Private Servers
Payment for Services
Terms of Service
Questions and Answers
File system check
Incorrect actions or abnormal situations can lead to file system damage of the VPS server, for example:
- driver and utility errors (usually from third-party developers),
- incorrect shutdown,
- kernel errors,
- incorrect actions of the administrator with root rights.
To check the disk file system:
1. Boot the system into recovery mode.
2. To view the current system partitions, enter:
lsblk -lp | grep part
As a result, the following information will be displayed:
/dev/disc1 252:1 0 5G 0 part
/dev/disc2 252:17 0 5G 0 part
disc1 и disc2 - partition names.
3. To check, for example, a system partition named disc2, run:
e2fsck -yf /dev/disc2
4. After completing the check, save the changes and boot the server as usual.
If you have any questions, please create a ticket to technical support.