This article will help you learn how to configure VPN L2TP/IPsec connection on Ubuntu OS.
To configure VPN connection over L2TP/IPsec on Ubuntu, install L2TP dependencies. To do this, follow the steps:
- Start the terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and enter the following commands one by one:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp
sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp-gnome
- Open the network connection settings in the upper right corner of the desktop and click Connection settings.
- In the opened window, click + to add a new VPN configuration.
- Select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP).
- In the next window, enter the VPN connection parameters:
- In the Name field, enter any name for the connection, for example, "Ishosting".
- In the Gateway field enter the server address (VPS).
- In the Username and the Password fields, write the access information from the message that you received by email when the service is activated.
- You can also find PPTP access information in your client area.
- In your client area, find the VPN Servers tab.
- Click Manage.
- In the Access section, find the PPTP L2TP settings.
- Download access information there.
- To enter a password, click the question mark at the end of the Password field.
- Select Remember password for this user only or Remember password for all users. Otherwise, you need to enter your password every time you connect to the VPN.
- Then click IPsec Settings.
- In the opened window, enter the ipsec shared PSK from the message received after activating the server in the Pre-shared key field.
- You can also find IPsec PSK access information in your client area.
- Click OK.
- Click Add to save the created VPN connection.
- VPN connection successfully configured.
- To connect, slide the switch to the right.
- In the VPN Connection menu in the upper right corner of your desktop, click Connect to connect quickly to VPN.
- If the connection is successful, you see the VPN icon in the top status bar.
If you have any questions, you can ask them in the online chat in the lower right corner of the site or by ticketing the Techsupport Department.
To order the Personal VPN and Socks5 Proxy service, please proceed with the order.